[Gambas-user] qt5

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun May 1 16:10:24 CEST 2016

Le 01/05/2016 15:01, Charlie a écrit :
> I have been playing with Ubuntu 16.04 and a lot of the Gambas Farm programs
> wont install as they use qt4 (gb.qt4 and gb.qt4.ext), Ubuntu uses qt5. If I
> install the necessary libraries Synaptic uninstalls the IDE!
>   *buntu 14.04/Mint 17* etc are supported until 2019 and have qt4. Has
> anybody got any ideas on the best way to get around this?

The IDE does not require QT5. It is based on the gb.gui.qt component
that switches between QT4 and QT5 according to the current desktop and
what is found on your system.

So the problem is in the Gambas IDE package that does not have the
accurate dependencies. Which one do you use?

As for the Gambas farm programs, I think that most of them, if not all,
does not really require QT4. I will have an option to install them by
ignoring missing dependencies.

Benoît Minisini