[Gambas-user] How to sort a TableView?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Thu Mar 31 02:33:22 CEST 2016

Thank you for your effort, Gianluigi. But, I am not using a database; just a TableView of data.

When a TableView's Sorted property is set to True, clicking on a column header toggles the sort indicator and raises the
TableView's Sort event.

I need to sort the TableView rows based on the values in whichever column the header was clicked.

On 03/30/2016 06:06 PM, Gianluigi wrote:
> Not sure if I understand the question, but something like that, could help?
>
> If TableView1.Columns.Ascending Then
>    sMySql = "SELECT *"
>    sMySql &= " FROM customers"
>    sMySql &= " ORDER BY surname ASC,"
>    sMySql &= " name ASC"
>    sMySql &= ";"
> Else
>    sMySql = "SELECT *"
>    sMySql &= " FROM customers"
>    sMySql &= " ORDER BY surname DESC,"
>    sMySql &= " name DESC"
>    sMySql &= ";"
> Endif
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

>> The documentation for TableView shows a Sorted property which says,
>> "Sorting the data is not done automatically. It must be done
>> by user code." But, the page does not give any clues regarding how to
>> accomplish that. Though, obviously, sorting should be done
>> in the Sort event handler.
>>
>> In the past, I have used an array of objects to store the data represented
>> in the TableView. This provided use of Object[].Sort
>> with the _compare function.
>>
>> This time around, I am attempting to eliminate the redundancy of duplicate
>> data containers (store and view) and the cumbersome
>> syncing of the data and the view. (Perhaps I should just simply use a
>> SQLite DB and a DataView?)
>>
>> There appears to be no TableView/GridView or GridView.Columns Sort method.
>>
>> Does anyone have any hints as to how to sort a TableView?
>>

>> --
>> Lee
>>
>> "Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Lee