[Gambas-user] Gambas on Pi3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Mar 12 00:59:29 CET 2016

Le 12/03/2016 00:55, Nigel Verity a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have ordered a Raspberry Pi3. I have installed Gambas on my Pi2
> (Ubuntu Mate) and it works OK, if a bit slow.
>
> The advice I have read about exploiting the superior performance of
> the Pi3 is that applications should be designed to utilise all 4
> processor cores. Is there any way to ensure that the Gambas IDE, or
> an application written in Gambas, will utilise all available
> processors?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nige

As Gambas interpreter is single threaded, it cannot help alone. But it
depends on what you are doing exactly with your Raspberry Pi.

For example, on Linux, the X11 graphic server runs on its own process,
so it helps a lot having at least two cores.

And even if the Gambas interpreted would allow multi-thread, it's up to
the programmer to modify its program to take several cores into account.

--
Benoît Minisini