[Gambas-user] Arguments in Project properties

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Thu Jun 16 00:42:39 CEST 2016

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 21:15:20 +0200
Gianluigi <bagonergi at ...626...> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I do not understand how I can write Arguments in
> Project>Properties>Arguments in rev.7799.
> Regards
> Gianluigi

The Project>Properties>Arguments tab lets you set "command line arguments" that are passed to the executable when the project is run within the IDE, i.e. in "debug" mode. So, if your project needs an argument, say "p" for some processing reason then you can set that argument in this tab.  When the project (say "myproj") is run in the IDE then, it is as if you entered

myproj.gambas -p

on the command line.

To create arguments for this reason, simply type the argument in the bottom line of this tab and click the "+" button on the bottom right (it's one of these new "list editor" controls). The other buttons are reasonably straightforward.

To create arguments that require some parameter, say you have implemented a logger that requires a file - controlled by a "-L path" argument, then simply type the "L <path>" on the bottom line and click "+".

hth
Bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>