[Gambas-user] Closing Process input stream

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Jun 11 19:46:37 CEST 2016

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> Le 11 juin 2016 17:29, "Tobias Boege" <taboege at ...626...> a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just tried to feed a Python script to Gimp from within a Gambas project.
> > It didn't really work out that easily because Gimp wants to read the script
> > from standard input (AFAIK it does not recognise a path to the script
> > file).
> > So I have to File.Load the script and Print it to the Gimp process. To
> > signal that the script is complete, I have to close the Gimp process input
> > stream. The only way I can do this is via
> >
> >   Close #hGimp
> >
> > but this line also closes the output stream so that I can't get status
> > reports from my script.
> >
> > Have I overlooked something? I remember hitting the same problem in the
> > past
> > with other programs. It would surely be useful to be able to only close the
> > input stream of a child process.
> >
> Can you send the both script ?

I can't but I see that closing the process stream actually *is* only closing
the child's input stream and that a little example script works fine. The
error must be in my convoluted scripts.

Regards,
Tobi