[Gambas-user] Feature that returns text shown in console.

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Thu Jun 9 00:31:23 CEST 2016

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 15:32:46 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 08/06/2016 15:25, Gianluigi a écrit :
> > Ru Vuott asks me to re send his message erroneously seen as spam.
> > This is the message:
> >
> > Hello Benoît,
> >
> > in Gambas IDE the "Open contents..." button is able to capture text, shown
> > in console, and to save it in a text file.
> > I'ld like to ask if you can implement a new feature, as method or property
> > (of Application? or of System?) that returns - as String - the text shown
> > by console.
> > I say something like this (...simply an example):
> >
> >      BlaBla.GetTextfromConsole As String
> >
> > Regards
> > vuott
>
> It's not possible. A process has no idea of what is done with what is
> sent to its standard output or standard error output.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

I had a similar issue recently.  There is a way to achieve this currently by using the
Output To  and
Error To
commands, and then simply read the file produced.

regards
Bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>