[Gambas-user] [Ask] How to use Runtime Library Search Path ?

zainudin ahmad author.ilmi at ...626...
Sun Jun 5 01:51:18 CEST 2016

if it can use, I will use it.

when develop apps or libs I should switch between my stable version(use
gambas stable version) and development version(always use gambas
development version)

example :

(stable) myapp.gambas -> still use gambas3.8.4 (only fix bug)
(dev)    myapp.gambas -> use gambas4 dev (fix bug and new feature)
(stable) myapp.gambas -> still use gambas3.9.0 (only fix bug)
(dev)    myapp.gambas -> use gambas4 dev (fix bug and new feature)
(stable) myapp2.gambas -> still use gambas4.1.1 (only fix bug)
(dev)    myapp2.gambas -> use gambas4 dev (fix bug and new feature)

if the new stable has release the old stable one not support for bug fix
(depends on the condition).
I put the binary file in one directory. example, dir sturcture (for binary
file)

stable version           :  stable-myprj1 >> bin (app-a.gambas,
app-b.gambas, libmy-date.0.0.gambas, libmy-word.0.0.gambas, ...)
                                  stable-myprj2 >> bin (app-a.gambas,
app-b.gambas, libmy-date.0.0.gambas, libmy-word.0.0.gambas, ...)
development version :  dev-myprj      >> bin (app-a.gambas, app-b.gambas,
libmy-date:0.0.gambas, libmy-word:0.0.gambas, ...)

I mean the switch is the link file point to dir blabla.

with old library management I don't have any problem, but with the new
library management I must switch between them.

# the problem is if I will run in a same time the stable app and dev app,
always switch, switch and switch.

# save in home/user/... is not portable, if Runtime library search path
feature can use, I hope it's can doing something like this:

stucture dir :
  myprj >> bin >> vendor(libmy-a:0.0.gambas, ...)
  myprj >> apps (source code : myapp-a, myapp-b)

I can set the dir path for myapp-a :  ../bin/vendor

-----

I like in some part/rule in a new library management like libs name now
have number version, and the name "vendor/libblabla" . etc