[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #940: Running IDE with a filename locks the file

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Fri Jul 15 06:06:21 CEST 2016

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.940&from=L21haW4-

Comment #3 by Bruce BRUEN:

(Refer pic ..._014.png)
In one of our code utilities we have a menu item to open a selected class in the IDE. It's a bit hard to see here but I'm opening the "f_about.class".  The operative code here is:

Public Sub mnuIDE_Click()

  Dim hCurrent As MTargetClass

  hCurrent = $gbproj2.Sources[tblClasses[tblClasses.Row, 0].Text]
  Shell Subst$("gambas3 &1", hCurrent.Path)

End

Suffice to say, the shelled command is:

gambas3 /home/bb/gb3projects/community/gbTerminal/.src/f_about.class

(Refer pic ..._015.png)
The result is that that class is opened in read only mode, so far so good.  Then I close that instance of the IDE and
invoke the IDE and load the entire project...

(Refer pic ..._016.png)
The previously viewed class is still locked, and is opened in read only mode.