[Gambas-user] Debian problem step 3.5.4 to 3.8.4

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jan 21 02:51:59 CET 2016

Le 21/01/2016 02:35, Ian Haywood a écrit :
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Gianluigi <bagonergi at ...626...> wrote:
>> Hello to all,
>> a friend of ours of Gambas-it forum, runs Debian and updated from version
>> 3.5.4 to 3.8.4.
>> He can no longer use the old qt4 projects.
>> He tried compile, compile all, refresh, reload … but nothing.
>> Changing with gb.gui.qt in some projects the Fmain.class disappears and in
>> the other Fmain.form.
>> On Update all forms he gets this message: “Unable to update all forms! Too
>> many arguments. ProjectUpdateAllForms.5941”.
>
> Is he/she using TextEdit?
>
> This is the problem I have run into: Debian no longer supports Qt4,
> and Qt5 on Gambas
> has no TextEdit, so my project doesn't load.
>
> I would like to enter in another plea for TextEdit to be supported on Qt5.
> Previous discussions have been around a Gambas-native rich text
> editor: agree that's a
> lot of work, but also unnecessary: Qt5 has a rich text editor (see
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext.html)
> I don't see why that cannot be used.
>
> I'd have a crack at doing it myself but I have limited time and
> haven't used C++/Qt for many years
> so it would take some time to relearn.
> Would be happy to pay if there are others able to here.
>
> ian

Indeed. Normally switching from Qt4 to Qt5 has no big problem unless you
use the TextEdit control. Does your friend use it? Otherwise, can you
send one or two projects that do not work?

--
Benoît Minisini