[Gambas-user] Problem finding DataBaseManager

willy at ...3474... willy at ...3474...
Sun Jan 10 23:09:18 CET 2016

On 2016-01-10 22:52, Robert Boykin wrote:
> I am using Gambas 3.8.4 and can't find the DataBaseManager or any
> mention of it in the IDE .
> I am a newbie  trying to learn Gambas
> by studying examples from the internet.  Any suggestions?

Hi Robert,

To use databases in Gambas you need to go to menu Project -> Properties
and click the Components tab.
Select gb.db to access databases.
Select gb.db.form if you want to use Data bound controls (optional)

Info on gb.db component can be found here:
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.db
Make sure to scroll down and read the see also parts for some
clarification on how to use the component.

In the Gambas Farm you will also find examples on database use, check
them out.

Hope this gets you started.

gbWilly