[Gambas-user] What's the best way to determine how a project was invoked?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 9 22:35:24 CET 2016

Le 09/01/2016 22:28, adamnt42 at ...626... a écrit :
> We have a set of "tools" that we use with Gambas. They are generally
> stand alone and are invoked "by hand" and at startup the user selects
> the Gambas source project to "attach" to. Now I want to provide some
> integration between them, i.e. allow Tool_B to be invoked from a
> Tool_A menu or button.  In that case, I want to pass a context, i.e.
> the source project that is attached in Tool_A.
>
> What I want to determine is what's the best way to find out, in
> Tool_B "how I was invoked".
>
> Currently I think that using gb.Args and passing a specific flag
> option to indicate that has been invoked from another tool (I can
> test that with Args.Has).
>
> But I'm not sure that this is really the "best" way.  Any thoughts?
>
> regards bruce

What's the problem with passing arguments to a program ? There is just a
limit on the total size in bytes of the arguments. Run "xargs
--show-limits" to get it.

Benoît Minisini