[Gambas-user] DBus.IsRegistered --> Unknown symbol

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Sat Feb 20 09:05:20 CET 2016

I am developing an application that conditionally registers an object on the DBus session bus. I have to use the Form_Close
event to, if it was registered, unregister the object or the form will close but the application will not stop.

Based on http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.dbus/dbus/isregistered :
[quote]
DBus.IsRegistered (gb.dbus)

Static Function IsRegistered ( Object As DBusObject ) As Boolean

Return if the specified object is registered on a DBus bus.
[/quote]

my code is:
[code]
Public Sub Form_Close()

   If DBus.IsRegistered(MyDBusObject) Then
     DBus.Session.Unregister(MyDBusObject)
   Endif

End
[/code]

When the form is closed, I get, "Unknown symbol 'IsRegistered' in class 'Dbus'".

Did I miss something in the documented syntax?

As a temporary workaround, I can use:
[code]
   If DBus["org.freedesktop.DBus"]["/"].NameHasOwner(DBus.Name) Then
     DBus.Session.Unregister(MyDBusObject)
   Endif
[/code]

But that is not very granular.