[Gambas-user] XmlDocument.Open(filename) gives NULL

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Feb 16 21:37:39 CET 2016

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016, KKing wrote:
> I'm using Gambas 3.5.4 on Linux Mint
>
> I want to use XmlDocument but can't seem to load an existing xml
> document file.
>
> It errors on loads and just gives error text of "Null object"
>
> I can open and read the same file via XmlReader, but I want to work with
> the whole document via DOM.
>
> Is this likely to be something in the version of 3.5.4 that I'm using,
> that if I take trouble to compile newer version from source will resolve?
>
> Or am I misunderstanding usage of the XmlDocument?

You are not. This issue is very possibly related to bug #894 in the bug
tracker, but I guess you can't access bug reports if you are not registered.
XmlDocument.FromString() and XmlDocument.Open() both basically only delegate
their work to the same routine XMLDocument_SetContent() and we both get a
"Null object" error.

It appears that Adrien, the author of the component, is busy these days. I
may be able to look into the issue later.

Regards,
Tobi