[Gambas-user] Video question

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Feb 10 12:42:57 CET 2016

Le 10/02/2016 12:37, richard terry a écrit :
> On 10/02/16 22:24, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>>>        MediaView1.URL =
>>> Media.URL("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-cUFt2t0IY")
>>>
>>> Hi Benoit,
>>>
>>> This doesn't work ?am I missing something?
>>>
>>> What I wanted to do was to stream an i-p camera from my front office to
>>> my room with a little media control in the corner of a window.
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> richard
>>>
>> Are you kidding? 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-cUFt2t0IY' is
>> "youtube", the website. Not the url of a streamed video!
> Benoit you should know by now I nothing of these things. So are you
> saying that if you point the control to a i-p camera if will work?. And
> also, how come it doesn't play a URL of a video? Just remember I'm
> ignorant of all  things like this. Not trying to be stupid.
>
> richard

I mean you should check what GStreamer can do.

Read the "Examples" paragraph at
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-playbin.html
to see what I mean.

The source video is specified by an URI.

Then you must find which URI should be written so that GStreamer read
your streamed video. You must know the source URL of your camera, it
should be enough.

--
Benoît Minisini