[Gambas-user] Problems running project.gambas ex

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Mon Feb 8 17:26:59 CET 2016

Hello,

I have a Gambas project that I would like to run as an executable from the
desktop. I'm using the latest version of Gambas under Mint Rebecca 17.1.

When run in the IDE, for debugging, I have no problem getting the project to
run. When I make an executable I put it in the project directory with a
shortcut on the desktop. The files are project.gambas and project.desktop.
The permissions on the project.gambas file are rwx,rwx,rwx and marty, marty.
The project.desktop file is set to rw-,r--,r-and Marty, Marty.

When I click on the desktop icon the cursor shows that something is
happening but the project does not run; the cursor just goes away. Same
occurs if I go to the project directory and try form there. The OS tries to
load the project but, does not run it. No error messages occur.

I'm sure I've missed something but, what?

All responses are appreciated.

Regards,

Marty