[Gambas-user] Sharing libraries across projects : initial implementation

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Feb 1 03:31:10 CET 2016

Hi,

In revision #7593 you get a new implementation of the library management:

1) When you create an executable from a library project, a symbolic link
is created in '~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/<vendor>', where <vendor> is
the vendor name now defined in the project property dialog, and in the
packager wizard.

2) When you want to add a library to a project, the contents of
'~/.local/share/gambas3/lib' is searched first, and then the contents of
'<gambas installation root>/lib/gambas3'.

3) You can define an extra search path for the library in the library
tab of the project property dialog. At the moment, it is not finished,
as it overrides '~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/', which it should not.

4) A project run from its executable never look in
'~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/'.

5) You can install different versions of the same library. The library
executable base name is suffixed with ':' followed by the version
(without the release number).

6) The packager is not yet updated. It will follow the scheme defined in 5).

Tell me if it fits your needs again. You have 48 hours, as I leave Paris
for a week soon.

Benoît Minisini