[Gambas-user] A simple spreadsheet

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Wed Dec 7 14:52:39 CET 2016

Hi Martin,

>> Well, to say the truth ... I was hoping better.
> for a control? XD
>> First, I will not reinvent the wheel
> we all are reinventing many wheels here, and having fun in the meantime
True, but this is a huge work to maintain then ... And in the same time we
are not dependent of the too frequent evolution of other tools.

>> for many functions already present in gambas (like
>> mathematical functions), but this system also allows to add functions
>> and thus to carry certain functions common to the set of standard
>> spreadsheets. My first job is to create a display component, which is
>> not based on gridview. GridView is great because adaptable has many
>> uses. But suddenly it becomes too heavy for the use I want to make of
>> it. Well I admit that I draw a lot from the code of Benoit too. But I
>> purify it and add inherent functions to spreadsheets. As the display
>> of a cellul, the modes and selections by columns and blocks. The code
>> in the end is lighter but by what it is specialized.
>>
> don't know where are you heading to, but if you need such complexity, is
> not creating an OLE control more productive for everyone?

Well i just want to explore the hability to make a spreadsheet (one
page) on gambas.
Like we have explored the hability to make an iconview, a gridView, a
mapView, a reportView, a TerminalEmulatorView.

In fact i test my knowledge, improve it and see what fabulous things
we can do with Gambas and it's graphical API.

In fact... really many things. When i've begin the gb.form.term, i
cannot imagine (with a big work of Benoit), we can get a usable
things...
Like i was surprised by the Code editor writed by Benoit. Gambas IDE
is a Damned piece of code. One of the quality of Gambas is it's POO
style
and when you respect a regular API naming covention a great clarity
for the code. SO it give me the taste for recreate everihing i see :-)

I share with you a resolver i've done there is many time.

It's a generic resolver. Well quite powerfull.

Like Expression class now, it allow :

Use of standart math function
Extend to new functions
Use of User defined variable

And was entirely written in Gambas.

For now i would use the Expression class because it is more fast. But
creating this evaluator was a great time :-)