[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3.9 - New gb.web.form component

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Tue Aug 30 22:52:20 CEST 2016

Am 30.08.2016 um 17:22 schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
> u dont undestand clarelly Christof.. i mean use the svn-git brigde to
> commit to git by the svn commands of the ide! men please! dont see it?

Sure, I understood. But I do not use versioning in the IDE. And I do not
use Svn any more.

If I have done my work in the IDE I go to the project's folder in the
terminal and use the program tig to commit the changes to the local
repository (which is inside the .git folder). Afterwards I push the
local changes to my main repository on my server.

Tig itself is a great interface to a Git repository on the commandline.

And git as I use it on the commandline is very mighty, especially with
branches. I show you how:

--------------

If I want to develop a new feature, I first create a new branch as a
copy of the master branch, when I'm on the master branch:

       git branch new_feature

Then switch over from master to that branch:

       git checkout new_feature

Then do my work and develop the new feature. Then do a commit of my
work(*see_later):

       git commit -a -m "new feature added"

Then switch over to the master branch

       git checkout master

Then merge my work into master:

       git merge new_feature

--------------

With this kind of workflow, I can develop inside a lot of parallel
branches (if I want to).

Every time a feature in a separated branch is done, I can merge it into
the master branch. I also can have a separate branch for hotfixes which
I have to merge into the master but also into development branches.

Git is very mighty and flexible and once you understand it, you never
want to go back to Svn any more.

--------------

*see_later: I do not do my commits with git, instead I use tig, as
mentioned before. Because while I develop a feature, I usually do not
want to do just only one commit, but instead many commits. One for the
Latex files, another one for the code, a third one for the form, the
next one for a module and so on. Commits in git are fine-grained and
this for me is better done with tig.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--