[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #984: error compiling again 0.9 openssl, only 1.0 compiles

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Tue Aug 30 15:32:16 CEST 2016

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.984&from=L21haW4-

Comment #15 by PICCORO LENZ MCKAY:

yeah tobias, i reconfigure, and recompile, clean unistall and reinstall clean, i have many environments, i have enought machines in my job, using variety of debian releases, the only i not have are wheeze, but we are using lenny, squeeze and jeesie

about, the found or not found, in some cases i recompile openssl from scrat, and the funtions are not here, and in the debian versions the funtions are present in both versions, 0.9.8, 1.0.0 and 1.1.X..

the problems its that in the headers some are already declared such EVP_MD_CTX_cleanup, but the firm are:
int EVP_MD_CTX_cleanup(...
and in u'r file u redeclare as :
static int EVP_MD_CTX_cleanup(...
that breaks the C compiler due redeclaration static..

this are happened in openssl 1.0.0 and 0.9.8 and a better solution its change static by inline that makes the code only valid for the gambas module, without interfering with the openssl library

i'm not expert in C but we cannot redeclare a normal function as static, but inline are possible and does not change the funtionallity due the process of the funtion are not globally access from outside..

i used in fact the project attached by u and works perfectly!

All hashed or ciphered data is base64 encoded

Checking digest sha256...
Output is:      ungWv48Bz+pBQUDeXa4iI7ADYaOWF3qctBD/YfIAFa0=
Should read:    ungWv48Bz+pBQUDeXa4iI7ADYaOWF3qctBD/YfIAFa0=
---
Checking cipher (salted) aes256...
Output is:      U2FsdGVkX18BI0VniavN7464hGnXjHmRYfG6I2X1nJA=
Should read:    U2FsdGVkX18BI0VniavN7464hGnXjHmRYfG6I2X1nJA=
abcrypted:      abc
Should read:    abc
---
Checking cipher blowfish...
Output is:      QNVH2mCCLE0=
Should read:    QNVH2mCCLE0=
Decrypted:      abc
Should read:    abc
---
Checking HMAC...
Output is:      T9CyFSdu8S8rPkyOysKBFJi2Vvw=
Should read:    0v6YBj+HawMZOvtJtJeVkQ==
---
Done.