[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #984: error compiling again 0.9 openssl, only 1.0 compiles

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Tue Aug 30 00:39:47 CEST 2016

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.984&from=L21haW4-

Comment #13 by Tobias BOEGE:

Checklist:
  o Did you use the code from the very latest Gambas revision, #7876? Be sure to completely uninstall Gambas beforehand.
  o Are you sure you are linking to the correct OpenSSL, i.e. did you re-./configure gb.openssl and does it use your OpenSSL 1.0? What version exactly? Are there distro-specific patches again?
  o What error message do you receive from the vanilla repository code exactly?
  o If your changes fix that, post the patch in here. "Fix", as always, means that you can run a gb.openssl project. I will attach one for you.

In general, the #if block should not be entered in the first place if the functions I defined in there are present in the openssl headers, so inlining them is fixing the symptom, not the cause. I just grep'd through the OpenSSL 1.0.0 and 1.0.0t sources and the functions EVP_MD_CTX_new, EVP_MD_CTX_free, EVP_MD_CTX_reset, OPENSSL_zalloc and OPENSSL_clear_free are not found anywhere, so I don't understand where the name clash could come from. For reference, the OpenSSL manpages [1] state that these functions were added in OpenSSL 1.1, which is just the version we try to be forward-compatible with by defining these functions for any environment which is pre-1.1.

>decryp a hash
You probably misspelled something here. Otherwise I won't believe you.

[1] https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/crypto/EVP_DigestInit.html, see History