[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #984: error compiling again 0.9 openssl, only 1.0 compiles

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Mon Aug 29 18:57:26 CEST 2016

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.984&from=L21haW4-

Comment #3 by Tobias BOEGE:

No, reversing the condition will break even more. It's forward compatibility, so it should apply to older versions, don't you think? Also you are using an OpenSSL from 6 years ago and are the only one from whom I heard about a compilation problem, while I suspect other people with halfways recent OpenSSL were able to compile the component.

Anyway, in addition to (and correcting) what I said on the mailing list[1], I did some more digging and it seems that the pctx member did not exist in the first place in the 0.9.8 history. I tried to support that branch of OpenSSL, too, in revision #7875. Please test it.

Regarding your comment #2: No. These headers definitely existed before OpenSSL 1.1 and you can't just exclude them without any replacement. Let me repeat: *you* are the one with an obscure OpenSSL version, not everyone else.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/mailman/message/35292515/

Tobias BOEGE changed the state of the bug to: Working.