[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3.9 - New gb.web.form component

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 28 13:32:40 CEST 2016

Hi again,

As you may know, there is a new component named 'gb.web.form' that
allows to make web applications in a specific Gambas way, by drawing the
GUI of your web application from the IDE form editor.

I have made the configuration interface of a web radio project with it
and I will release it as a big example of what you can do with this
component.

This web radio is made of three parts:

1) A web radio server: A Gambas command-line program that broadcasts the
sound through HTTP, using 'vlc'.

2) A web radio client: a little HTML page with javascript and a few
images that plays the sound from your browser.

3) A web radio configuration program: a web application made with Gambas
and gb.web.form.

You have screenshots of the configuration program on the Gambas
sourceforge web site.

I will try to make a package of all this thing and put it on GitHub, so
I learn to use git with Gambas program (It will help me make git support
in the IDE)

If you are interested by this project, if you have questions, tell me.

I have to write documentation about it, as you have to run the web radio
server behind a proxy, and serve the web radio client HTML pages trough
a HTTP server (which is usually the proxy too).

Benoît Minisini