[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #981: Adding a function that allow to detect or compare a text charset by BOM or evaluation.

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Thu Aug 25 07:11:57 CEST 2016

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.981&from=L21haW4-

Fabien BODARD reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

Adding a function that allow to detect or compare a text charset by BOM or evaluation.

Type             : Request
Priority         : Medium
Gambas version   : 3.8.90 (TRUNK)
Product          : Language

Description

I think it will be usefull to add a feature that return the possible charset of a string or NULL if evaluation is not possible.

Many others languages have construct that around the mozilla work.

This is two place where found the required lib sources and how to use them independently.

I think String.DetectCharset will be a good place.

http://www-archive.mozilla.org/projects/intl/detectorsrc.html

https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/tree/master/extensions/universalchardet/src/base