[Gambas-user] Slow Gambas Startup

Nigel Verity nigelverity at ...67...
Wed Aug 3 21:50:34 CEST 2016

Hi

I have Gambas 3.8.4 installed on 3 laptops, in each case running Mint 17.3 Mate. While each is a different hardware spec they are similar. Two have SSDs and one a spinning HD.

My problem is that on 2 machines Gambas starts up in a few seconds. On the 3rd it takes more than  a minute. Once it is running it works well - it's purely the startup which is very slow. All other applications installed on this machine (SSD) seem to start normally.

I have reinstalled Gambas but it makes no difference. Does Gambas perform any disk or file checks during startup which might explain this odd behaviour?

Thanks

Nige