[Gambas-user] Lenght of a string

Jose Monteiro jf.monteiro at ...43...
Wed Apr 6 16:58:32 CEST 2016

Thank you again.This one line solution is much more elegant.

    On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:33 AM, ML <d4t4full at ...626...> wrote:

 José,

A side note, no need also to use a FOR-NEXT to fill X spaces. You can do
it in a single step:

  'for i = 1 to (115 - len(name))
  '  name = name & Space$(1)
  'next
  name = String.Left$(name & Space$(115), 115)

If you need the spaces at the left (for example to right-align numbers),
you do the opposite:

  numberString = String.Right$(Space$(places) & Str$(number), places)
'The number will be right-aligned to "places" spaces and returned in
numberString.

As Oliver pointed, you should use the UTF-8 versions of the calls;
otherwise you will have less than the expected characters in the
resulting string.

Regards,
zxMarce.