[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #773: System information unable to detect Xfce desktop

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Tue Sep 29 00:08:15 CEST 2015

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.773&from=L21haW4-

Comment #6 by gbWilly GAMBOS:

What you could do as a last resort if XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP fails to detect xfce is:

1. Check xfwm4 --version
   -> Try Exec ["xfwm4", "--version"] To sWindowManager

2. Parse the output. If the file start with "This is xfw" (first 11 characters) xfwm is an installed windowmanager.
   -> If Left$(sWindowManager, 11) = "This is xfw" Then ...

3. This means xfce is the desktop. Now the version found in 'xfwm --version' output is both the version of xfwm windowmanager as xfce desktop.
   So parse the output some more for the version.

I'm retrieving xfce in this manner in one of my Gambas libraries and with succes.

Hope it helps..