[Gambas-user] Connections[] no longer application wide?

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Sat Sep 26 03:38:24 CEST 2015

Previously a component or a library could access a connection defined at the application level at run time. This seems to fail now for some reason that I cannot fathom. For example, we have a database abstraction component ("phdb11") that is used by a data object layer library ("horseBO", and other data object layer) that is used by many different applications. The live db is defined as a Connection in these applications.

The "phdb11" component looks for a Connection named "Main", connects to it and handles all the low level access to that database, "horseBO" defines a set of ("business") objects that are available to the application and provides an interface between the application and the phdb11 component, so all the application need see is a bunch of objects that can be "Load"ed, "Add"ed, "Save"d etc to the database connection it defines.

In one of the recent revisions, somewhere around when project templates were introduced something changed and now (rev 7345) as soon as the whole structure tries to connect I get a "Cannot locate Main connection" error.

I am trying to find where and at which revision the something changed and aren't having too much luck.

This could be a major setback for us, so if anyone can shed a bit of light, please help.

tia
bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>