[Gambas-user] Project templates

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Fri Sep 25 03:57:38 CEST 2015

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 02:53:25 +0200
Ah, yes. A couple of observations inline.

Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since revision #732Z, project creation is now based on project templates.
>
> Project templates are just normal projects that are stored:
>
> - In '/usr/share/gambas3/template' : they are the default templates
> provided with the Gambas sources. (Don't forget to issue a ./reconf &&
> ./configure -C if you compile from /trunk).

So, I presume that I cannot "localize" the default templates as they will be replaced on a new make install?

> - In '~/.local/share/gambas3/template' : they are templates defined by
> the user. To define a custom template, just save a project there.

Ah, yes but..
There are more than one of us here. Custom templates would suit us better if they were stored in a shared directory. Is there any chance of this in the (near) future? If not I will see if I can hack our local IDE to suit.

> A bookmark has been added in the 'open project' dialog and in the 'save
> project as' dialog that points at the user template directory.
>
> The title and the description of a template project are used for
> describing the template in the project creation dialog.
>
> These title and description can be translated inside the project
> template, and it will be taken into account.
>
> Of course, when creating a project, the template title and description
> are replaced by those specificed in the project creation dialog.

Cool, just what's needed.

> At the moment, I made only two templates. I will make other templates,
> to mimic the old project creation dialog behaviour.

I am with others commenting in this thread - we must have a QT4 template as that is what we expect our clients to be using. We have had a look at the QT5 option and like others have said it lacks a few things that are in QT4 that we have used fairly extensively across our products, so at the moment defaulting to QT5 will generate lots of headaches if Mr Client X installs QT5.

> You are welcome to send templates to be integrated by default with
> Gambas! A template is usually a void project, but we can imagine
> providing an application skeleton.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

regards
bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>