[Gambas-user] Feature removal suggestion: Pressing Escape hides debug pane

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Mon Sep 21 08:13:38 CEST 2015

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 00:54:22 -0400
Kevin Fishburne <kevinfishburne at ...1887...> wrote:

> On 09/21/2015 12:52 AM, Kevin Fishburne wrote:

> >> "... perhaps the mouse alone to show/hide or otherwise manipulate it."
> >> There should always exist an alternate way to gracefully exit a dialog
> >> box lest the farmer's wife is hanging about with her carving knife.
> > Just use the window and you can generally avoid any run-ins with the
> > farmer or his knife-wielding wife...unless something else entirely is
> > going on and I've misunderstood.
> >
> > In any case, I've attached two images. Pressing Escape for enumeration
> > clears the enumeration pop-up. Pressing Escape for syntax help hides the
> > debug pane. Maybe Alt-Escape, Alt-Tab or something similar could toggle
> > debug pane visibility.
> >

> Forgot the damned images...sorry.
>
> --
> Kevin Fishburne
> Eight Virtues
> www: http://sales.eightvirtues.com
> e-mail: sales at ...1887...
> phone: (770) 853-6271

Actually, removing the escape that closes the console seems to me to be a better idea as it is not only the completion help that causes this problem. Sometimes I end up keyboarding something that opens a menu item, then Esc kills the console and ....
but whatever  ... jai yen

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>