[Gambas-user] The interview on FLOSS

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Mon Sep 21 00:01:56 CEST 2015

Hello Benoît,

Am 09.09.2015 um 16:55 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> I have been interviewed by Randall Schwartz and Simon Phipps on the
> FLOSS weekly show on twit.tv. You can show the interview at:
>
> https://twit.tv/shows/floss-weekly/episodes/353
>
> If you watch it, you will probably notice that I will never become an
> english teacher.
>
> Enjoy anyway!

I did, it's a great interview, thank you! As I am german I have problems
to understand fast spoken english fluently. But I could understand all
you said (but hung on the same question of Mr. Schwartz as you did :-) ).

My favorite usecase of Gambas is RAD (rapid application development). I
rewrite software of my firm (first written in MS Access VBA and
Postgresql) now in Gambas, which provides me a very easy, powerful,
reliable and fast to develop language. Because of the neighbourship of
Gambas to VBA I also can reuse alot of code!

Before I started with Gambas I tried out Python, Java, Groovy, Lazarus
and a couple of Web-Frameworks, but nothing could compare to Gambas.

So I think, Gambas is heavily underrated but will have a great future
because of it's superb quality.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--