[Gambas-user] Feature removal suggestion: Pressing Escape hides debug pane

Sat Sep 19 07:16:52 CEST 2015

When modifying a line of code there are context-sensitive pop-ups for
syntax help, code completion and method/property enumeration, which is
awesome. However, one type of pop-up requires that you press Escape to
clear and the others do not. Being unable to reliably differentiate
between pop-up types results in Escape being pressed in error which then
causes the debug pane to be hidden. When using the debug pane to jump
between search results, accidentally pressing Escape in an attempt to
clear the context-sensitive pop-up results in the debug pane, and
consequently the search results, being hidden. This significantly
interrupts workflow and has been annoying the shit out of me for
possibly years.

I think the Escape key should be uncoupled from debug pane functionality
entirely, forcing the user to use a different key or perhaps the mouse
alone to show/hide or otherwise manipulate it. Is anyone else
experiencing this or is it just me?

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues