[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #702: Installation Package Building

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Sun Sep 13 02:46:01 CEST 2015

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.702&from=L21haW4-

Comment #11 by Donald Dwane ROSS:

The option for Signing a package is no longer in the package build of 3.8.1 (that I can find, which upgraded just recently) so the sign option is not a problem. The builds seem smooth enough with out it. Now if you can get a package build to not display Package is of bad quality in the Ubuntu Software Center.
The Gambas3.8.1 package build doesn't seem to be satisfying the Lintian check results.
Try this for yourself, just package anything you have on Ubuntu 14.04 or 15.04 with Gambas3(.5.x to 8.1) and set the Ubuntu Software center to activate on a .deb file. Double click your package build xxxxxxxx.deb file and choose install. In a few seconds mine pops up "The package is of bad quality" Box (Details shows problems, Ok Crashes the install , Ignore and install is left to install anyway (WHICH SEEMS TO INSTALL OK). I have seen this on several programs to be installed besides the ones I have tried from the Ubuntu Software center that have been programed with Gambas3. If its not doing it for you the problem may be on MY Hard drive install of 15.04 or the Flash drive install of 14.04, all have various versions of Gambas3 from 3.5.x to 3.8.1. When I get time I will build a fresh Flash drive and try it on my code to see if it has problems.
So far the most reliable way to run a program with Gambas is to build a FlashDrive with persistence on Ubuntu 14.04LTS and install the entire Gambas program environment and all extra dependencies, compile the program I write and package and install it there. The flash drive can be used from computer to computer with the program that way, in other words build a LIVE install of my program (found that the Ubuntu Builder is another problem child in versions above 12).
It would probably help a LOT, LOT, LOT if a package could be built with the Gambas runtime and the stuff it needed for the version of Gambas used to compile the program. (Just a thought, kind of like a stand alone .exe (Ohhhhh for the old DOS days).