[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #726: Result object does not retrieve data when using ODBC driver.

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Fri Sep 11 04:12:56 CEST 2015

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.726&from=L21haW4-

Comment #3 by Benoît MINISINI:

It's better to talk about development on the developer mailing-list...

You will see a "if (DB.IsDebug())" line in the code that tests the DB.Debug property. But it is more
for debugging messages of what the user asks to the driver than for debugging the driver itself.

As for the zero row count, this is the problem. The gb.db component needs to know the number of rows in a result.

What needs to be done:
- A way for the ODBC driver to detect that the SQLRowCount() function returns garbage that should not be taken into account.
- Telling 'gb.db' that he will not get the number of rows (Hence the "-1" in Andrea Bortolan's patch).
- Result class must be usable without Row count, only in forward mode.

If you can investigate the ODBC part and find how we can know if we can reliably get the row count once a request has been done,
I will do the rest.