[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #708: Commented code is being run

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Thu Sep 10 01:48:33 CEST 2015

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.708&from=L21haW4-

Comment #29 by Jussi LAHTINEN:

Bit more information about this...

Bug happens (with "format on load & save" enabled) following way:

1. Open the project.
2. Add ' at the beginning of some line. IE comment it out.
This marks the file being modified.

3. Save the project.
This causes following code to be run from FEditor.class, function Save:

  If Settings["/FormatCode/FormatOnLoad"] Then
    MPrettyCode.Run(edtEditor)
    $bSkipChangeEvent = True
  Endif

4. Remove the ', placed on step 2.
This causes event Editors_Change() to be triggered, but still $bSkipChangeEvent = True!

  If $bSkipChangeEvent Then
    $bSkipChangeEvent = False
  Else
    Modify
  Endif

So, sub Modify is never executed. I think Editors_Change() should be called once more, but for some reason that doesn't happen when "prettyfying" the code.

I hope this helps... I will look more tomorrow.