[Gambas-user] Benoit ?my question re breakpoints ?reached the list?

richard terry rterry at ...1823...
Wed Sep 9 02:02:58 CEST 2015

On 09/09/15 09:07, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> Are you using JIT..? It disables breakpoints.
>

> Jussi
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 1:49 AM, richard terry <rterry at ...1823...>
> wrote:
>
>> HI Benoit,
>>
>> I didn't see my question about breakpoints get back into my maibox.
>> .
>> I had to debug a form/class last night due to some long standing bugs
>> and breakpoints won't stop on that form. Gambas 3.7.1. Any other form,
>> putting in a breakpoint does work. I tried the cleanup project option.
>>
>> Any ideas. Doing it was a pain because I had to put lots of print
>> statements in to see what was happening - took hours.
>>
>> I'll try posting this again to the list.
>>
>> Richard

Not using JIT.

What happens is simple the code is nothing special. In any other form in
the project if I point a breakpoint on a line the program execution will
stop and I can then inspect the contents of a collection or variables etc.

In this form, when the code executes, despite a red dot being visible on
the side next to the line, the execution doesn't stop. I know it is
running past because if I put a print statement on the line above and
below it prints a message out in the terminal.

?how does the breakpoint thingy work? could something have gone wrong
with just one form?

Regards

richard