[Gambas-user] Gambas Website Mockups

Wed Sep 2 12:29:14 CEST 2015

Am 02.09.2015 02:28, schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Hi Adrien,
>
> Can you take a look at http://kubuntu.org? They have redesigned their
> web site, and this is what I mean by "removing all the borders".
>
> It's the kind of flat design I'd like to have for the new website.
>
> Moreover, I'd like to have menus only when the screen space is very
> small. Otherwise buttons...
>
> And it's better IMHO to limit the width of the text paragraphs, because
> too wide text lines are harder to read.
>
> If you can make what you did, which is already nice, flat like kubuntu
> website, I will be very happy. :-)
>
> Regards,

Looking at the kubuntu.org site, I feel that its design is very "modern"
but it's one of these sites with an "entrance door" concept. I like the
blog concept for sites like Gambas more.

When I come to a site like this kubuntu one, I feel like in front of a
large shop somewhere in town, big ads hanging in the windows, but will I
dare to step just in and find out what's inside? Which door should I
take to learn more? Will there be someone to tell me what is going on in
the project right now? It looks cool, but at the same time it seems to
ask "do you guy really want us? Better think twice!"

On a blog-like site I feel like bumping into a happy crowd of active
people handing me a flyer at once, saying "that's new" and asking "what
can we do for you". It's like being taken by the hand and lead into a
busy market place.

By the way, that's why I have the website of my own business in a
blog-like style. So apart from any design things, personally I would
stick with the blog-like concept.

Just my two cents.

Rolf