[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #815: Software Farm: Projects updates

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Sat Oct 31 12:57:49 CET 2015

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.815&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by C THALHOFER:

Sorry for the late answer.

I think, the choosen version system should belong to the author of the program, not to Gambas Farm. My first intention was to have the opportunity to replace a project with a newer one without loosing the number of downloads, so that the author still can see the popularity of his program.

Only the author can know, if SuperProject V-1.0.1 is a complete different program than SuperProject V-0.0.20 or if it is the stabilized version.

So the author should have the opportinity to:

1) Replace SuperProject V-0.0.20 with SuperProject V-1.0.1 (without loosing number of dl, this was an Update)
2) Delete SuperProject V-0.0.20 (outdated, deprecated, silly try, bad reputation, whatever), install SuperProject V-1.0.1 (start counting new)
3) Keep SuperProject V-0.0.20 (this is the old version, but still in use), install SuperProject V-1.0.1 (new, but completely rewritten version, start counting new for that version)

Hmm??