[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #813: [Database Manager] IDE Crash, when trying to make a new connection for SQLite or ODBC.

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Thu Oct 15 16:54:28 CEST 2015

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.813&from=L21haW4-

Comment #4 by zxMarce:

Ahmad,

Although I agree in that no driver should SEGFAULT in your face just because it misses a property value, your project code is not complete.
In the ODBC case (I will not speak for SQLite, as I don't know it), you must fill either one or three properties, depending on how you want to connect:

Direct Connection String (new since Gambas 3.8.1):
  <connection>.Host = <ConnectionString>

DSN (using unixODBC and driver INI files):
  <connection>.Host = <DSNName>
  <connection>.User = <userName>
  <connection>.Password = <password>

Please make sure you have unixODBC and a database driver installed and configured correctly. Benoît and I already patched the driver so it checks for some missing properties, but I don't know what would happen if unixODBC -at least- is not installed. It may well SEGFAULT just because it's trying to access a library that does not exist.

The easier method (does not need configuring FreeTDS, just unixODBC) is to connect with a ConnectionString. Check the attached captures.