[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #813: [Database Manager] IDE Crash, when trying to make a new connection for SQLite or ODBC.

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Thu Oct 15 04:13:16 CEST 2015

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.813&from=L21haW4-

Comment #1 by zxMarce:

Ahmad,

I'm trying to help Benoît get a properly-working ODBC driver for Gambas. The old one did not work, and had its quirks and shortcuts after making it work.
I just tried an ODBC connection from my home laptop to one of my work's MSSQL Servers via ODBC/FreeTDS and it worked with the wizard.
Anyway, the wizard is not the top priority I'm giving the driver. Proper functionality is first, and the driver still lacks some of it.

For the Gambas ODBC driver to work you must have unixODBC installed and configured (I do not know if iODBC would work), and at least one ODBC DB driver configured and tested working. In my case I'm successfully using Gambas 3.8.2 (stable) and 3.8.90 (dev) against unixODBC and FreeTDS to connect to MSSQL 2005 and 2008.

By the way, I can tell you that the recently updated ODBC driver now accepts both DSN or a properly formed Connection String as the Connection's Host property.
A connection string is of the form: "DRIVER=<driverName>;SERVER=<serverIPorName>;PORT=<portNumber>;DATABASE=<dbName>;UID=<userName>;PWD=<password>". It may have driver modifiers, like in my test, where I added a clause "TDS_Version=7.2" right between the DRIVER and SERVER portions.

I wanted to attach a pic of my test with the successful connection, but I cannot figure out how.

Hope this helps,
zxMarce.