[Gambas-user] Printing

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Tue Oct 13 18:47:55 CEST 2015

Well gb.report is based on a similar arrangement routine than the forms.

To center a picture on the page you have 2 way.

- playing with the containers to center it
- set the ignore property of the image to true and setup the left and
top properties (or X and Y)

To setup a text just add a reportlabel and give to it a text.

you can setup the page padding by setting the report padding.

Gambas report have all the job to resolve font size... you need to
play around it to understand who do what.

It seem complex only because it use a not traditional way to describe
a page. A report is a set of sections that can contains containers.
Each section is like a report, but share things like page size and
orientation.

My two actual dark point are the picture resolution on rendering,
because of the resolution... but i will find how to do that son.
Multilevel recurssivity... my old problem on automation. But it is not
a problem for filled reports.

you can see some of my reports here :
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113475756360896510823

> Hi Fabien I had a look at gb.report and once again I can not make head
> or tails of it I got stuck
> at the very first thing all I wanted to to was display an image in the
> center of the page and some text
> either side but when i finally got an image to display it would only
> display in the top left and I could not move it just seem over complicated!
>
> On 12/10/15 18:32, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>> Normally the size is the same... The scaling is done by the paint class.
>> Be carefull as a point have not the same size between screen and printer.
>>
>> Have you try to use gb. report ?
>> Le 12 oct. 2015 09:19, "Shane" <shanep1967 at ...169...> a écrit :
>>
>>> What am I doing wrong here I'm trying to print something the same size on
>>> the printer as on the screen
>>> but when it goes to the printer it huge ?
>>> I'm using Paint.Scale and from what the doc's say this should scale the
>>> fonts ?

Fabien Bodard