[Gambas-user] Any users of gb.compress.zlib's Uncompress.String()?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Oct 7 03:14:45 CEST 2015

Hi list,

in revision #7393 I fixed a problem in gb.compress.zlib where the String()
method of the Uncompress class could not cope with gzip data which is fre-
quently returned from web servers in my application. (Note that the File()
method worked fine before.)

What I did was: if the usual decompression code fails, try the gzip format;
if that also fails, raise an error. There are no interface or semantic
changes for zlib formatted data.

Alas, I needed to rewrite the whole method because the former implementation
used a utility API which could apparently not be told to use gzip. My project
runs fine now [ and my test case was noticeably faster than Exec'ing the
"gzip" binary on temporary files as I did before ].

But I don't have other gb.compress.zlib projects around to test if something
is odd. If anyone has some, please tell me if everything still works. If, on
the other side, your projects break, you now know why.

Regards,
Tobi