[Gambas-user] IDE code questions - property editors

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Oct 7 02:02:31 CEST 2015

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015, Beno??t Minisini wrote:
> If you want to have custom dialogs associated with custom components,
> I'm afraid it's not possible at the moment.
>
> What is needed is:
> - A way to have a gambas library side by side with a component, that
> would include the custom dialogs.
> - A way for the IDE to load these libraries automatically at runtime.
> - A way for the IDE to unload a library. This is not technically
> possible, the interpreter being unable to do that.
>
> And you forgot to attach your image.

I was doing something like that some time ago with my plugin experiments.
One of the things they can do is take a *source archive* of a Gambas
project, compile and archive it and then load the executable archive as
a new component (this needs a small patch to the interpreter, to remove
a restriction on component paths). From there, the main application can
instantiate exported classes as usual.

Actually, I planned for tomorrow to write some custom dialogs into a
plugin for my image viewer. I don't think this will be a problem.

Regards,
Tobi