[Gambas-user] Embedded arrays

Moviga Technologies moviga at ...3488...
Mon Oct 5 21:44:20 CEST 2015

If my question remains unanswered because it was not clear, this is what
I meant:

When do you want to use:
Dim sText[] As String

instead of:
Dim sText As String[]

According to the wiki it seems they can only be used with native data
types? Is that why the book 'Beginners Guide to Gambas' calls them
'native arrays'?

I have also read this, but it is not entirely clear to me what it means:

"An embedded array is an array that is allocated directly inside the
object where it is declared. Such an array cannot be shared, and is
destroyed with the object."

So my question is, why/where should one choose to use embedded arrays?