[Gambas-user] Pointer or something

Moviga Technologies moviga at ...3488...
Sun Oct 4 16:14:22 CEST 2015

> I don't see the relation with structures. What you are talking about is
> just the difference between a value and a reference (i.e. a pointer) to
> a value.

What I mean is I guess that pattern has affected my mindset in the way I
think about putting a structure at the right side of an assignment
operator :) I am not so much into C/C++, and I suppose the underlying
mechanisms would have been clearer if I knew those languages.

> I hope it's a bit clearer now.

So, in short: do not use a Struct ever, unless you are talking to a C
shared-library through the Extern
keyword, because the underlying mechanisms are slower, and also as I
read in the wiki, they occupy more memory.