[Gambas-user] More authentication methods for gb.net.smtp

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Nov 29 18:54:59 CET 2015

Hi Benoit,

at present gb.net.smtp supports only AUTH PLAIN as authentication method.
Hans Lehmann has modified the component to include AUTH LOGIN and CRAM-MD5.
He said he tested it with his Freenet mail account which, in particular,
supports CRAM-MD5.

I have just corrected some logic errors in code flow (if one authentication
method does not work, try the next, until one succeeds or we have no more
methods available). Otherwise I have no clue about SMTP.

Would you please review the attached patch and commit if it is good? You
can apply the patch via IDE when you open the gb.net.smtp project.

Regards,
Tobi