[Gambas-user] Enumerate all classes inheriting X

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Nov 6 06:04:48 CET 2015

Hi,

in my project I have the need to enumerate all classes from my current
project (not from components) for which

  hClass Is X

is true for some fixed class X, once at startup. I think I tried

  For Each hClass In Classes
    hCurrent = hClass
    While hCurrent.Parent
      If hCurrent.Parent = Classes["X"] Then
        aRes.Add(hClass)
        Break
      Endif
      hCurrent = hCurrent.Parent
    Wend
  Next

(written from memory, but it gets the idea across). However, this does not
work as Classes can only access the already loaded classes.

Is there a way to enumerate _all_ classes in the current project or to force
technical problem with hard-coding the desired list instead of computing it
but I want to know if I *could* compute it.

Regards,
Tobi