[Gambas-user] Installation on Debian Jessie

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat May 23 20:36:42 CEST 2015

Hi,

are any Debian people here? I heard of someone on "Debian Jessie 64 bits"
who needed, in addition to what is stated in the wiki, to do the following
things to compile Gambas from sources:

 - create a symlink "llvm-config" in PATH which points to a "llvm-config-xx"
   binary which has a version number appended (I don't know the exact
   format of the filename but apparently only a versioned llvm-config binary
   existed on his installation) -- in order to compile gb.jit -- and
 - install the package "postgresql-server-dev-all" which holds the needed
   headers "postgres.h" and "pg_type.h" for gb.db.postgresql.

If would be nice if someone could verify if the instructions on the wiki are
indeed lacking these two steps for Debian Jessies.

Regards,
Tobi