[Gambas-user] Beware of the recent changes in the development version

richard terry rterry at ...1823...
Wed May 20 01:42:54 CEST 2015

On 20/05/15 08:31, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since revision #7089, the IDE uses the new TextEditor control that
> replaced the Editor control.
>
> The TextEditor control has not all the features of the old Editor
> control yet, and it surely still have bugs. So please report any problem!
>
> One advantage: TextEditor is entirely written in Gambas, so it will
> works with all GUI components. And Gambas programmes will be able to
> easily use and extend it.
>
> By the way, the IDE cannot use the new gb.qt5 component yet, because it
> seems to have many problems. For example: the Balloon is not displayed
> on the top of other windows, and appears in the task bar; When you
> resize the IDE console vertically, the Editor is incorrectly redrawn...
> I have no idea why, as the two components share their code at most as
> possible.
>
> So if you test the gb.qt5 component, please report any problem too!
>
> As for gb.qt5.webkit, you must know that QT will drop the support of
> webkit in the next versions, and replace it by classes based on the
> Google browser. And guess what, these classes will have less features
> than the webkit one, especially the hability to deal with the inner DOM
> (the WebElement Gambas class). You have been warned!
>
> Regards,

Benoit, do you mean the TextEdit control. My program relies heavily on
that control and its features, without it functioning like the old one
my entire program falls over - no more medical record progress notes
editor. Should I be concerned, How can I find out more details.

richard