[Gambas-user] Form Open code skipped when using Form1 = New Form syntax.

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Sun May 10 19:08:25 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have a form (form) that has several controls on it. They are comboboxes,
textboxes and buttons. The comboboxes are initialized in the form open
procedure.

If I open a new form using "Form1 = New form" and call it from another form
the dropdown list of the comboboxes as well other variables are not
initialized on Form1. This should occur when the form opens but, in the NEW
instance the form open routine appears to be skipped. Of course without the
data contained in the comboboxes the code in the NEW instance fails.

Is there a way around this? How can I force the new instance (Form1) to
initialize properly?

Thanks,

Marty