[Gambas-user] Bug in IDE packager for rpm packages

Willy@...3475... willy at ...3474...
Wed May 6 16:26:43 CEST 2015

On wo, 2015-05-06 at 08:26 +0200, Ron wrote:
> Indeed hard to find official documentation about this subject.
>
> I have found this though:
>
> "Package names (both source and binary, see Package, Section 5.6.7)
> must consist only of lower case letters (a-z), digits (0-9), plus (+)
> and minus (-) signs, and periods (.). They must be at least two
> characters long and must start with an alphanumeric character."
>
> source: https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Source
>
> Regards,
> Ron.

As I stated in the original mail. Deb packages (both the ones for Debian
as for Mint/Ubuntu) package fine with a + in the package name.
There is no problem there.

It is packaging rpm's with the added + in the package name that gives
trouble. No + in the name, no problem, rpm packages build just fine.

In the error output you can see this:
RPM build errors:
File not found: /home/willy/RPM/BUILDROOT/mybox
+-0.0.1-1.i386/usr/bin/'MyBox+'
File not found: /home/willy/RPM/BUILDROOT/mybox
+-0.0.1-1.i386/usr/share/pixmaps/'MyBox+'.png

The single quotes in the path name around the project name MyBox+ seem
to cause the trouble.

I don't know if Gambas adds them (the single quotes) before passing the
command to the rpm package builder or if the rpm package builder itself
throws them in and next can't cope with it.

If Gambas adds them it surly can be fixed, but if the rpm builder (an
external process I presume) does this then this is not a Gambas problem.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/